Monday, August 11, 2014

Confession #6: Cat Memes Are My Mood-Altering Drug of Choice

Ugh. Sigh. Whine. Pfft.

Life isn't quite peachy-keen at the moment.

There are aspects of my recent mid-life-crisis-quit-my-job-and-move-to-the-middle-of-nowhere-kentucky-and-have-an-adventure-with-four-cats-and-a-giant-dog "plan" that I am now rethinking.

Like, the quit my job part.

And the middle-of-nowhere-kentucky part.

It's the whole "everything costs money" thing. I'm currently suffering from debilitating, panic attack-inducing, gut-wrenching no-mo-money-itis.

There are jobs within 20-30 minutes of the farm, in the surrounding small towns. I wouldn't even mind commuting an hour or so to the city. I've submitted my resume of sweet skills to several places.

But *sob* *sniff* *snarl* nobody wants me!!! Why? WHY?!?! I'm freakin' awesome. Don't they know that? I should add it to my resume. Then they'll know.

I'll keep trying though, because, overall, I'm enjoying my adventure. And I love, love, love, love living on the farm and waking up to all the loveliness.

Never give up. Never surrender. Chin up. I think I can, I think I can. If at first you don't succeed, etc, etc.

But it can get discouraging. It makes me want to have long, meaningful conversations with my best friends, Chocolate Chip Cookie and Haagen-Dazs.

While I'm sure the cats would love for me to become a squishy, sedentary blob, I refuse. I'm careful to only eat only one or two of my feelings at a time. So, I've had to find another outlet/distraction. Something to lift my spirits. Put a smile on my face. Make me laugh. I would so much rather laugh than cry.

When life gets me down, or idiots make me angry, or I want to throw up into my empty, empty purse,  I now have one sure-fire way to get some  endorphins going. A movie taught me that "endorphins make you happy and happy people don't shoot other people." Thanks, movie.

So now when something unpleasant comes up, my typical response will be, "Ugh. I need to go look at some cats."

And even if they don't magically fix things, at least I have some endorphins to show for it. And those endorphins have saved lives. For reals.

So, here are some endorphin-releasing cat memes for your viewing pleasure, so your day can be at least slightly better.

Mmmmmmm.....endorphins.....






































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Swears, jerks, and poor grammar are prohibited ;)